Thursday, August 4, 2011

Surgery Day

I felt pretty positive when we arrived this morning. I was really impressed with the new Childrens Hospital, one of my favorite parts was they ask if you are healthy when you check in and give you a little sticker stating you are. I am a huge germ freak so for me this was impressive. We had our own private pre op room, before we would always have to share. The doc came in and made me feel pretty nervous, He said this will be hard on Carter. Carter already has a bad swallow, things will swell, he wont want to swallow. I can't use his suction machine that we use all day long... he will have to work through this on his own. We will be staying over night possibly in pic u.
Carter has over come some pretty major things. He was very happy this morning with no idea what was going on, this is a good thing, however he is going to be pretty pissed off when he gets done. He is a tuff guy, I do believe he has a good fight left in him. We will get through this.
I can never thank all of you enuf for your prayers and positive thougts. It would not be easy for me to get through this with out family and friends support. I have access to a computer now, I'm going to try to keep my blog updated with what is going on. Carter is getting his anistisia right now, should be about 1 hour after that before he will be in recovery. Godspeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment