Sunday, July 17, 2011

BeAcH

Lake Michigan in the summer has and always will be my serenity. The smell, the waves.. We really take for granted sometimes how absolutely beautiful Lake MI is. As a kid my parents brought us there and we would swim and jump the huge waves!
In my teens I went there to cruise the strip, I have gone there alone to find peace, I love to just go there walking, It is absolutely gorgeous to even go to in the winter when its all iced over. It is so much like the Ocean but fresh water..
It brought So much Joy to see my kids excitement there! They will also make many memories at the lake.
** Carter is not in any pics he went to school this day and spent time with his other grandma, he does not do well in the sun and heat so this would not have been a good day for him. : (
Photobucket
Photobucket
It did get a little hairy. I'm not going to lie ; )

Photobucket
Photobucket

What made this day even more amazing is sharing it with this absolutely AMAZING couple! This is Mike and Bonnie
Photobucket

I cannot say enuf about this couple!! My nan is from England, this is her sister's son and his wife bonnie ( My mom's cousin) They moved to South Africa. My mom has not seen him in 50 years. They found each other of fb and they decided to make the trip here to meet us all. Mike is like an encyclopedia!! Bonnie is one of the sweetest ladies I have ever met. They were amazed at the Great Lakes! They could not believe the coast goes all the way up MI and you cannot swim across. Mike said the next war in their country could be over fresh water and he is basically standing here looking at miles and miles of it. I REALLY enjoyed talking with them and will never forget the time we spent with them!

We did a duck boat... aka... truck on road then boat in water ; )

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

We really felt guilty and missed Carter but we kept reminding ourselves that he was having a much better time at school and with Grandma, He Loves school and Grandma took him for a walk and they swang : ) We really got some nice one on one time with the little guys
Photobucket

IcE CrEaM!!!!!
Photobucket
alt="Photobucket">
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment