Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Dr. Austin...


















Sometimes I feel like one of those parents who ALWAYS talks about their kids.. I never wanted to be that person ; ) The difference for me is I have been a parent for almost 8 years and its been the last 3 that I got to experience the "Normal"
I never will forget my time alone with Carter, I needed those years with him and his childhood teaches me things my other kids childhood doesn't, I feel blessed to have both worlds.







Its really only been this last year I have got out of the baby stage I feel like. Carter is basically always an infant. Austin had a delay in speech and then I had a baby. Its been 71/2 years of parenting until now finally I get talking kids basically!!


So I might just brag a little more about the funny things my kids say because I feel truly blessed to have talking kids : )



Lately Austin & Layton have been conversing alot on their own. Everytime I hear them it melts my heart. Layton calls Austin, Austy. Austin likes to be his voice of reason and correct Layton alot "Bunnies don't walk Layton they Hop!"



I love hearing Austin walk in a room and ask Layton "what are you doing" or "Settle down Layton!!"



I even love hearing Austin say my hair looks silly. Or being the mom who just lets their kid belt out the ABC song over and over (Very Loudly) all through the store. Hey my kid talks!!!! And that to me is a Blessing!!!! And its this that Carter's childhood has taught me. He has taught me to recognize something so simple that most take for granted.



So Dr. Austin... We have a doctor kit, of course , and lately Austin has to check us all out. "you are sick" so we sit, let him check us out, the verdict is always that we have a race car in our tummy : )


















Even on the busy Monday mornings we have to stop and get checked out. But this new stage, new talking I'm just LOVING!!!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment